Status Update: The Holidays Are Here?

December 5, 2012 Jennifer Christian

Tis the season to capitalize on the spending influx!

It’s the time of year when people go out of their way to search for deals and savings in order to complete their holiday shopping. Many more people research and search for deals online this season, specifically with mobile apps and social media. So, what are you doing to ensure your social media marketing efforts are being used effectively to capture this spending?

In reality, your social media holiday campaign should be harmonious with your current marketing strategy, and remain consistent with your brand message. At the same time, you can incorporate some of these helpful tips into your holiday campaign if you are not already doing so.

For social media campaigns, it is key to remain Social, posting content that is engaging and relevant to your audience. It is also imperative to keep in mind the 80/20 rule - where 80% of your content is engaging and the other 20% promotes your brand.

So what content should you post?

For starters, updating your profile photo, header image, and cover image with something geared toward the holiday theme will spark the holiday spirit. You can create contests, share holiday recipes, DIY decorations and even How-To videos for craft ideas. Creating polls or posting questions also helps drive the direction of your content and message. Consider sharing your holiday experience from last year- including company photos and videos- in a creative way to show off your brands personality. You can also post photos, videos and links to local holiday parades, shows, parties, etc.

This type of content can influence a viral effect, especially when you Like or Follow local municipalities and businesses to share their holiday news and events. These viral effects will influence your EdgeRank score which increases your relevancy in your fans’ news feeds. This helps the delivery of your holiday sales messages, and support awareness, keeping your brand in the front of your fans’ minds. With the right message you can redirect online traffic to your website for online sales or drive traffic to your store location.

With the ideas and tips provided above, you can create a special holiday experience for your fans, related to your brand, and truly capitalize on the holiday dollars spent.

Article Type: 

About the Author

Jennifer Christian

Nicole Neuman is a Local Marketing Coordinator at Sproutloud who graduated from the University of Miami with a B.S.B.A. She is a practical marketer with varied experience from event planning to office organization to data transfer and project management. She has a strong history in customer service and prides herself on attention to detail. She loves to travel, read, and basically anything on the water. She also happens to have slight addictions to Pinterest and strawberries.

More Content by Jennifer Christian
Previous Article
5 Basic Blogging Tips for your Brand
5 Basic Blogging Tips for your Brand

Awhile back I wrote about my own personal blogging challenge.  As I mentioned before, blogging is often ove...

Next Article
Custom Website Best Practices
Custom Website Best Practices

What do you need to consider when building your custom website? To begin to answer this question you must f...


Never Miss an Update From Us

First Name
Last Name
Thank you!
Error - something went wrong!